Amber Publishers respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts of 1988 – 2018 and have published this guide to outline the information we collect about you, how and why we use the information and the choices you have to restrict our usage of this information. Ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data is very important to us. Please read the following carefully together with our Terms and Conditions as it contains important information about how we collect and use your personal data and how we will treat it.
“Amber Publishers” refers to the companies Amber Publishers and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide and “our websites” refers to www.amberpublishers.com and www.irelandswhiskeyguide.com.
Information We Collect
Amber Publishers and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide does not collect any personal information about you on our websites, apart from information which you volunteer. Any information collected by Amber Publishers and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide will be used in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, including for purchasing goods, services or gift vouchers, entering competitions, signing up for offers or updates, and/or when you sign up to any of our e-mail/blog lists
- information that you provide for the purpose of opening a customer account or setting up a membership account
- we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond
- details of your visits to our site and the resources you access
- information that you provide when you interact with us on social media or when you click on an ad that we put on our site or on someone else’s website
The types of personal information collected from you may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, payment card details, IP address, search terms, responses to research questions and surveys, responses to competition and promotion entries, content of applications for offers and other updates, the type of web browser you use, the times you access our site and how long you access it for, the details of the website that referred you to our site and other device location information, any content you share with us or provide to us and any other information you share with or provide to us. Except where you provide your personal information to us in accordance with the above, we will not collect these types of personal information without first asking you for it.
When you visit or purchase on-line at our websites: or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on our websites. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement such that such communications are in writing. Please be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and that while we take all appropriate measures to ensure your security, there may be instances outside of our control when this is not possible. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect the confidentiality of both electronic and manual data and to prevent unauthorized access.
Our websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide uses the most current Internet security to keep your information safe.
Use of Your Information and Your Rights
For those who sign up to our newsletters/blogs/updates, we offer up to date information of events, weddings, golf, special offers, gardening advice and other Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide news. E-mail addresses and personal data collected via our websites are mainly used for marketing and informational purposes.
Information collected from you in respect of opening a customer or membership account will be used to provide you with our services, credit terms, and facilitate the collection of payments and credit control, renewal options and the issuing of invoices and statements. In certain circumstances, it will be necessary to obtain data from third parties, e.g., our wedding partner Feast Catering. We will ensure that personal data will be processed in accordance with the principles of data protection, as described in the GDPR and Data Protection Acts. We endeavor to ensure personal data held by the organization is up to date and accurate.
We may also use information held about you in the following ways:
- to maintain a customer e-mail list and to market our goods and services to you
- to provide you with notice of special offers, events and other Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide related news
- to provide you with a customer or membership account
- to process your orders for goods and/or services including gift vouchers and to deliver and/or provide those goods and services to you
- to enable us and our third-party payment service provider to process payment for goods, services or gift voucher ordered by you
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to contact you where you have requested information from us or have reported a problem with our site
- to publish any testimonials or reviews of our goods and services that you provide to us
- to customize and optimize the mobile version of our site
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you sign up to our newsletters via the forms on our website or blog you agree that you wish to be contacted by us. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
We will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, we may be required by applicable laws and/or regulations to hold your personal data longer than this period.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
A cookie is a text-only file which we transfer to your computer via your web browser when you visit our website. Our cookies do not store financial information or personal information such as your name or address.
We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data supplies.
If you wish to learn more about cookies, more information is available on this website: www.aboutcookies.org.
All data is treated with the utmost confidentiality. We do not rent or sell any of our customer’s information to any other individual, business or organization.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide, our customers or others
- to those we have hired on our behalf, including PayPal, Google Analytics who we use to gather statistics on portions of our site. These companies, are contractually bound to use personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide
All payment processing is handled securely on our behalf by PayPal. PayPal uses the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) to keep the processing of your payment information secure.
PCI DSS is a mandatory compliance standard for all payment service providers. PCI DSS enforces high levels of security in all areas where cardholder data is transmitted or stored. Strong protections such as encryption, intrusion detection and response, formalized policies and standards and security aware development methodologies are utilized by PayPal as part of its PCI DSS compliance.
Never send your bank or credit card details to us by e-mail or other than by the form on our site which requests payment details. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. We will never, ever ask for sensitive information via e-mail.
When ordering products or services on the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Payments in respect of customer accounts and some membership accounts can be sent via bank transfer.
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect when you first use this site. Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed. Any changes that do occur will be effective upon such time as the amendments are posted on the website. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide end devours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this site may be restricted and or suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Part of this site contains materials submitted to Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and relevant foreign law Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any/or all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
- Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such term or terms shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- By accessing any part of this site, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full, and the terms herein set out comprise the entire Agreement. In the event that you, at any time, do not accept or no longer accept any or all of these terms, you should immediately cease use of this site.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts. This, however, shall not prevent Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these Terms or this site in any other jurisdiction.
- In using this site, you shall only do so for legal purposes and shall not post illegal, immoral, provocative or defamatory statements in or on any part of the site, or post on or submit to the site any material which might cause Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide to violate any applicable law, statute, directive or regulation or that could, in Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide sole discretion, adversely affect the goodwill or reputation of Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide.
Information About You
We respect your privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us or we obtain from you in accordance with applicable privacy law as detailed in our Privacy and Security Policy. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate. We do not want you to, and you should not, send any confidential or proprietary information to us via our site. You agree that any information or materials that you or individuals acting on your behalf provide to us will not be considered confidential or proprietary (subject always to applicable law and the terms of our Privacy and Security Policy). You further recognize that we do not want you to, and you warrant that you shall not, provide any information or materials to us that is defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, or that incorporates the proprietary material of another person.
When you visit our site or shop online on our site, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on our websites. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement such that such communications are in writing. If you complete your details in the Contact Us section, you agree that you wish to be contacted by us. This condition does not affect your statutory rights. All information is treated strictly in accordance with our Privacy and Security Policy.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide. You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:
- Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal use only
- Any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use
- No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way
- Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text
- No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other site or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission
- No use or display may be made of the name or logo of Amber Publisher’s and Ireland’s Whiskey Guides without prior written permission
- Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved
Access to Information
Amber Publishers and Ireland’s Whiskey Guide reserves the right to amend this Privacy & Security Policy for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed. Any changes that do occur will be effective upon such time as the amendments are posted on the website. By visiting our website, you agree to accept any changes made to this policy.